Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of the Travel and Tourism Agency “Inca Trail Adventures”
We strongly recommend that you read our Terms and Conditions carefully.
Travel in the Andes, Cusco – Peru.
Inca Trail Adventures works in developing regions where service standards may not be what is normally expected. However, our team of professionals and experts strives every day to provide the best service standards. Hiking in the Andes requires a lot of flexibility, patience, mental range, good humor and the understanding that changes can be made without prior notice due to circumstances of force majeure beyond our control. By booking any of our tours, you agree that Inca Trail Adventures will make the necessary changes without liability.
That is, any event that Inca Trail Adventures can’t control, anticipate or avoid. These are incidents such as protests, wars, riots, civil conflicts, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, diseases, adverse natural disasters, fires or similar events, as well as cancellations or reprogramming of flights and railway companies. In this case, Inca Trail Adventures will not accept responsibility and reserves the right to change, postpone or even resort to our last option, the cancellation of the tour.
When booking any of our tour packages, exclusively as the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, Huchuy Qosqo, The Mountain of 7 colors, etc. They are outdoor activities where you will be exposed to any risk. Therefore, you assume the risks associated with them. Inca Trail Adventures does not accept responsibility.
In the prices of our packages, the accident or travel insurance policy is not included. However, if a group member becomes ill or becomes incapacitated, we will give first aid. If medical attention is needed for specialists to intervene, we will help you to move to the nearest medical center. Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible for the expenses incurred. Therefore, we recommend that you obtain travel insurance that covers accidents, medical expenses and emergency repatriation, including rescue and air ambulance. We also recommend that you cover cancellations and lost luggage. Send us a copy / name of the insurance company and the policy number by email.
Illness or Disability
Anyone who has a disease, who is not enjoying good physical condition or who is receiving treatment for any discomfort should declare their true condition at the time of booking to prevent the case. Failure to comply with such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions and we will be obliged to exclude that person from the tour, in which case it is 100% non-refundable.
Modification and date changes to your reservation
Inca Trail Adventures will proceed according to the type of tour you booked.
- In all tours, we can change typographical wrong or if there is a new passport number. Also on some tours, we can change the time and date of the tour start.
- Note. Once the ticket for the Inca Trail has been issued to your name and specific date. It CAN’T be changed, and it is not transferable. If you want to change the date, you must buy a new entry permit if it is available. 100% non-refundable.
- Any modification to your original reservation will be confirmed prior written by email.
- All administrative expenses incurred as a result of the amendment will be charged to the passenger while every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate additional changes and requests.
Cancellation to your reservation.
If you cancel your reservation, please take into account the content of our policies in this regard.
- If you cancel any of the tours, the deposits are 100% non-refundable.
- The cancellation of a Tour within 7 days of the departure date will incur a 100% loss of the total cost of the tour.
- The prices of our trips vary according to the size of your group. If initially, you reserved for a certain number of people, in the end, some of them cancel their trip, the rest will pay the price of the actual number of people who will travel.
- While you are in Cusco if you feel unable to develop the trip, the rest of the group will continue normal with the tour and for you who are sick, we will modify the itinerary so you can visit at least the Inca city of Machu Picchu. For that, we need an additional fund.
Trains, Buses and Flights
If you cancel the rail, bus, and air transport service already ticket issued is 100% non-refundable. Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible.
About the ages
- We recommend people over 60 who obtain medical evidence of fitness to travel on the chosen itinerary.
- We reject the reservation of minors under 18 who are not accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them.
- The health or conduct of a passenger before or after departure appears to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a trip, the passenger may be excluded from all or part of the route.
- To obtain the discount benefit, you must have a college student card updated at the time of the tour (maximum of 25 years of age). It is important that you send us the high quality photo or scan of your card at the time of booking. You must show your original card upon arrival in Cusco, at the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. Otherwise, you will be charged an adult fee and will not be able to enter the Inca Trail. Inca Trail Adventures will not assume the consequence.
- Children under 18 also have a discount. For this benefit, it is important that you send us the photo or scan of your passport at the time of booking and must be accompanied by your parents or guardian. Otherwise, you will pay as an adult and Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible for the Child or Teen.
About the documents.
Having the personal document in optimal conditions is the responsibility of each passenger. At the time of travel, your personal document must be well updated and must be the same document with which you booked the tour. If you made updates after making the reservation, send us the update by mail. Otherwise, Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible for any negative acts that may occur due to the fact that your document is not updated or because your reservation is not updated.
- Inca Trail Adventures will be obliged to make the modification or withdraw any travel agreement when it deems necessary, in the best interest of the customers.
- Inca Trail Adventures is not responsible for injuries, illnesses, damages, losses, additional expenses, accidental delays or other irregularities that may be caused by voluntary or negligent acts or omissions by companies or individuals that provide or carry out transportation, lodging or other services that are related to the tour.
Equipment rental policy
The rental costs of sleeping bags, walking sticks, additional tents, etc., it is calculated according to the amount of the day of the tour you hire. Even though you will not use the equipment during the last day, it will continue on the journey and busy.
If you rent equipment and damage or lose it, you are responsible for the replacement or repair price. We ask you in advance that you have to take care of it.
In case the passenger is not in the place and time indicated to perform any of our services: buses, trains, flights, hotels, restaurants, and the start of tours will lose the contracted service and will not be entitled to any refund. If you wish to resume the contracted service, the extra expenses will be assumed by the passenger.
Unless the passenger notifies us of his delay more than 24 hours in advance or presents his credible justification as a medical certificate, if this is the case, Inca Trail Adventures will proceed to make the change or reprogramming the service. The passenger will assume penalties for changes or rescheduling. Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible for the expenses incurred.
About the Inca Trail booking
Reserve in advance.
There are rules imposed by the Peruvian state that limit the Inca Trail traffic to 500 people per day, including guides, cooks, and porters who must carry all the camping equipment. The rules, do not allow pack animals on the Inca Trail this for the conservation of the old stone road.
The percentage of support personnel for hikers is almost 75% of the people who enter per day, and due to the high tourist demand on the Inca Trail, the spaces allocated for hikers are quickly depleted. For this reason, if you wish to walk along this incredible path, you must book at least 5 or 6 months in advance and through an authorized travel and tourism agency to operate the Inca Trail, such as Inca Trail Adventures.
By providing us with the primary date and a backup date for your hike (classic Inca Trail) you automatically authorize Inca Trail Adventures to use any of those dates for your reservation.
Inca Trail Adventures within the next 48 hours (after you have sent us all your personal information and confirm that the deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming that your trip has been booked and also to confirm the exact date of departure of your walk.
You must provide us with the following information.
First choose three different dates: the first date should be the main one and two optional backup dates in case we can’t reserve your first option because it can be exhausted. This does not happen often, because the Inca Trail Adventures team works to obtain the first alternative.
Send us all the required information of each hiker of your group
- Full name as it is registered in your passport.
- Passport number
- In this case, send us a high-quality photo or scan of your passport because any error or change could invalidate your permit to enter the Inca Trail. Inca Trail Adventures will not be responsible for the case.
- Phone number or WhatsApp and email.
Once we have all your required information and deposit, we will be ready to make the reservation.
About the camps on the Inca Trail
- The camps mentioned in our 4 and 6 day Inca trail program are for reference only, because they will depend on the time of reservation and are assigned by the Peruvian government through the ministry of culture.
About the deposit and Refunds.
To officially book any of our packages, we request the following deposits depending on the type of tour you want.
- To book tours on the Inca trail of 1, 2, 4 and 6 days and more adventure tours, deposit 30% of the total. We can only confirm the reservation after receiving the non-refundable deposit.
- To confirm cultural tours, deposit 50% of the total. Remember, the deposit is not refundable. The deposit is used to buy the entrance to Machupicchu and also to reserve the train ticket and hotels, and once a space is purchased, it can’t be resold.
- To book airline tickets, the deposit must be 100%.
- The remaining balance must be paid at least 24 hours before the start of the Tour (must be in cash in dollars or soles). Otherwise, we will cancel the reservation.
- Inca Trail Adventures will not make refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip before or during the trip.
- If Inca Trail Adventures does not confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded in full.
I hereby declare to accept the terms and conditions previously established by Inca Trail Adventures E.I.R.L.
I have read and accept the terms and conditions.