The route Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata is definitely recommended for hiking lovers, feel the tranquility and purity of nature and completely forget about globalization.
This route Salkantay trek 4-day will lead you to Machu Picchu in a totally different way because the third day we will visit the small Inca city Llactapata. To ascend to this beautiful place, from Playa Sahuayaco we will take an original Inca trail that few travel companies and guides know.
When we are in the archaeological site of Llactapata, you will not regret having taken this tour because we will have totally awesome views, deep valleys, mountains covered with snow and vegetation. Also in the distance between the huge mountains, we will be able to see the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- Salkantay Trek 4-day is a moderate route.
- The highest point is 4,630 meters / 15,186 feet and it has 36 km / 22.5 miles of travel.
- The minimum temperature will be 2 ° C / 35.6 ° F and maximum 28 ° C / 82.4 ° F.
Summary of the Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata.
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Mollepata – Challakancha – Humantay Lagoon – Humantay pampa.
- 4:30 am. Pick you up from your hotel in Cusco
- 6:40 am. Breakfast in Mollepata
- 9:00 am. Hiking start
- 11:30 am. Arrive at Humantay pampa (Soraypampa)
- 1:30 pm. Visit Humantay Lagoon
- 5:30 pm. Coffee time
- 6:30 pm. Dinner and overnight in tent
SECOND DAY: Humantay pampa – Salkantay Trek Pass – Wayraqpunku – Challhuay – Playa Sahuayaco.
- 5:30 am. Breakfast time
- 6:10 am. Hiking start
- 09:30 am. Picture time on the highest point.
- 12:00 pm. Lunch in Wayraqpunku
- 4:00 pm. Take local bus to Playa Sahuayaco
- 6:30 pm. Dinner in Playa Sahuayaco
THIRD DAY: Playa Sahuayaco – Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes.
- 6:00 am. Breakfast
- 7:00 am. Hiking start
- 10:00 am. Arrival at Llactapata
- 12:30 pm. Lunch in Hydroelectric
- 2:17 pm or 2:50 pm. Train departure from hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes Town
- 3:30 pm. arrive at Aguas Calientes Town
- 6:30 pm. Our last dinner in a restaurant
FOURTH DAY: Machupicchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) – Machupicchu – Cusco.
- 4:30 am. Trekking start (1 hour and a half) to Machupicchu
- 5:30 am. Take the bus (optional)
- 6:20 am. Visit Machupicchu
- 8:00 am. free time full day
- 4:12 pm. or 7:00 pm. train departure (it will depend on availability)
- 8:30 pm or 10:30 pm. arrival at Cusco (It will depend on the train schedule)
A full itinerary of Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata 4 Days.
FIRST DAY. Cusco – Mollepata – Humantaypampa.
To start this beautiful 4-day hike Salkantay trek Inka Trail Llactapata.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 4:30 a.m. then we will journey for 2 hours in our private mobility to Mollepata, where we will have our light and totally energetic breakfast.
Then, we will journey 40 more minutes to Challacancha, from where we will start hiking for 2 hours and a half to Humantaypampa, which is the place of our first camp.
After lunch, we will take a 3-hour hike to Humantay Lagoon. There we will take beautiful photographs of the green lagoon with the background of the Humantay Mountain.
At 5:30 pm. We will have hot drinks, at 6:30 p.m. our dinner and we will spend the night in our tents.
- Challacancha (Mollepata): 3880masl / 12726feet
- Humantay pampa: 3910 meters /12,8 feet
- Walking time: 6 hours
- Length: 8 km (approximately 5 miles)
- Lunch, dinner, and snack.
- Touristic van Cusco to Challakancha (Mollepata)
- Camping equipment
SECOND DAY. Humantaypampa – Huayracmachay – Challhuay – Playa Sahuayaco.
Today will be an arduous day because we will go to the highest, coldest point and we will also journey by a local bus.
We will have our breakfast at 5:30 a.m. We will start the uphill hike at 6:00 a.m. with direction to the highest point of the hiking (4630 meters / 15,187 feet). Here we will enjoy excellent panoramic views of mountains covered with snow and also deep valleys full of vegetation. After all, we will go down to Huayracmachay, which is the right place for our lunch.
Passing our lunch, we will continue descending through the humid forest to Challhuay. From where we will take a local mobility for 1 hour to Playa Sahuayaco which is the place where we will spend the second night of our Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata.
At 5:30 pm we will have tea and 6:00 p.m. dinner inside the high Amazon jungle.
- Salkantay Pass: 4630 meters / 15,186 feet
- Collpapampa: 2860 meters / 9380 feet
- Walking time: 7- 8 hours
- Length: 22 km / 13.6 miles
- By Local Bus: 16 km / 10 miles (1 hour)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks
- Camping equipment
THIRD DAY. Playa Sahuayaco – Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes.
Today will be an unforgettable, unique and wonderful day because we will explore the best part of Salkantay Trek Inca Trail Llactapata which is a totally unspoiled place and less visited by tourists.
To start walking through this beautiful stretch towards Llactapata. We will have our breakfast at 6:00 a.m. then, we will take an original Inca trail recently discovered until arriving at the archaeological site of Llactapata, as we going up we will have breathtaking views of deep valleys, even more so, when we are in archaeological site of Llactapata. From here in the distance, we will already be able to see the Inca city of Machu Picchu between the peaks of the high mountains of the Andes.
After marveling, we will go down to the hydroelectric train station. Before boarding the train at 2:17 or 2:50 pm. We will have our lunch and we will say goodbye to our cook and muleteers.
At 6:30 p.m. Dinner at a restaurant in Aguas Calientes Town and overnight in a hotel.
- Playa Sahuayaco 2060 meters / 6757 feet
- Llactapata. 2,780 meters / 9,119 feet
- Walking time: 5 hours
- Length: 8 km / 5 miles
- By train. 10 km /6.25 miles (50 minutes)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Camping equipment
- Train ticket from hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes Town.
FOURTH DAY. Aguas Calientes Town– Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Today, we will visit our final destination, Machu Picchu. To get to this sacred place we have 2 alternatives.
First, to take the bus (optional). We have to make the line at 4:30 a.m. to board the first 5 buses that leave at 5:30 a.m. and second, walk up for 1 hour and a half.
In both alternatives, we must be at the main entrance between 6:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. in order to see the Inca city of Machu Picchu without tourists and the sunrise.
Within the city of Machu Picchu, we will have a 2 hours tour and then we will have free time to continue exploring or also to go up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
In the afternoon, we will go down to the town of Aguas Calientes to go to the return train station (7:00 pm) to Ollantaytambo and from here we will take our private mobility to Cusco – hotel.
- Machupicchu Altitude: 2450 meters / 8036 feet
- By Bus: 25 minutes
- Hiking time: 1 hour and a half
- Length: 1.7kms / 1.1 mile
- Entrance to Machupicchu
- Return train from Machupicchu town to Ollantaytambo
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata will end in the Cusco main square.
What we included in the package.
- Small information about the tour one day before the trek
- Bus Cusco – Mollepata (Challacancha)
- Professional guide
- Mules to transport the camping equipment.
- Cook and an assistant for more than 8 person
- Food: 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts (vegetarian optional)
- Large dining and kitchen tent
- Chairs and dining table
- 1 Tent for 2 people plus mats
- First aid kit and an oxygen balloon
- Entry ticket to Machu Picchu
- 1 night in Aguas Calientes hotel
- From Hydroelectric to Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes) 50 minutes
- Train: From Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes) to Ollantaytambo 1 hour and a half
- Bus: Ollantaytambo to Cusco 1 hour and a half
It’s not Included
- Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bags (we can rent you)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Personal stuff
- Additional horse
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch, dinner on the last day
- Tips for the guide, Cooker and the horsemen (optional)
- Walking sticks
Salkantay Trek Inka Trail Llactapata Private Service prices. Only for your group and also the prices vary according to the size of your Group.
|8 + Hikers||US$ 550 per person|
|7 Hikers||US$ 570 per person|
|6 Hikers||US$ 600 per person|
|5 Hikers||US$ 630 per person|
|4 Hikers||US$ 660 per person|
|3 Hikers||US$ 690 per person|
|2 Hikers||US$ 720 per person|
US$ 20 off per students.
- With the identification of the original student awarded by the university in PVC material and must contain the following information: name of the university and the student, student’s photo and expiration date of only one year, must coincide with the date of visit to Machu Picchu, the discount is for 25 years and also for children under 17 years. For more information, click here.
NOTE. We need to see a copy of the card on the reservation. For those who book children, we need a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
OPTIONAL SERVICES: you must pay extra, only if you prefer to book these additional services that are not included in the package price.
- To climb the mountain Huayna Picchu USD 25 per person
- Climbing to the mountain of Machu Picchu USD 25 per person
- Vistadome train from Machu Picchu to Poroy USD 40 per person
Things that we can rent you.
- Sleeping bag for the entire tour. We can rent you USD 20
- Single Tent Supplement, we can also rent it. USD 25 for the entire tour
- If you want to carry personal things more than 6 kilos, you can rent an additional horse and can share between 2 to 3 people. USD 55 for the entire tour.
You Have to Bring
- Long sleeve shirt,
- Long pants
- plastic bags
- Personal medications
- A lightweight backpack per person
- Insect repellent
- Walking shoes or tennis shoes
- thick jacket
- Hat or cap
- Bottle of water
- Toilet paper
- charger and
- Some cash in small bills (soles).
We have 4 modes of payment and any reservation is confirmed with 50% deposit and the rest will be paid upon arrival in our City of Cusco.
1.- Visa + 8% of the amount to send. We will send you the deposit request link. Consult amount to deposit.
Only by clicking on the link will the form appear. In the number of purchases write the number obtained for your reservation, which will be proportioned by the travel agency Machu Picchu Andes Tours Cusco.
2.- PayPal + 6% of the amount to send. We will send a deposit request to your personal e-mail.
3.- MoneyGram, they charge a commission for deposit. Put well written the data of the person to send.
- Nam.e Lylia Loaiza Pacheco.
- Identity Document (DNI). 47704521.
- Address. Cusco – Peru.
4.- Western Union, they charge a commission for deposit. Put well written the data of the person to send.
- Name. Lylia Loaiza Pacheco.
- Identity Document (DNI). 47704521.
- Address. Cusco – Peru.