This is your best chance. You have to come with Machupicchu Andes Tours to explore Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley of the Cusco. This is a very famous alternative hike nowadays. The colorful mountain is next to the Ausangate Mountain which is the highest mountain in Cusco and this tour combines culture, tradition and incredible landscapes full of typical flora and fauna of the Andes.
Rainbow mountain Itinerary
- 04:00 a.m. I pick up from the hotel
- 06:40 a.m. breakfast
- 08:00 a.m. start of the hiking
- 11:00 am. Arrival at the rainbow mountain
- 11:30 a.m. start of descent through the red valley
- 2:00 p.m. lunch in Hanchipacha
- 6:00 p.m. arrival in Cusco
FULL DAY TOUR: Cusco – Hanchipacha – Rainbow mountain – Red Valley – Hanchipacha – Cusco.
Rainbow Mountain hike.
We will pick you up at 4 a.m. from any hotel where you are spending the night in Cusco. It is a three and a half hour drive in our sightseeing van to Hanchipacha – village of Pitumarka. Here, you will stop to enjoy a fantastic breakfast, after breakfast, continue by bus until you reach the end of the Pampachiri community road. From here, you will start your trek, it will be a two and a half hour hike until you reach the famous Rainbow mountain.
Along the way, you will enjoy incredible views of the Andes, the glacier peaks, the red earth, the rocky hills, the native animals of this area, the llamas and alpacas that graze along the colorful valley.
When you reach the top of the Rainbow mountain, you will have enough time to photograph and film. After all, you will begin to descend through the Red Valley (2 and a half hours). This is another amazing and unspoiled place where there are not many tourists and this is the only place in Cusco where you can see wild Vicuñas. The vicuñas are smaller than llamas and their wool is the most expensive in the world.
The descent will be very slow until Hanchipacha, place of lunch and also where you will take your bus back to the city of Cusco.
You will be in Cusco around 7 p.m.
- Hanchipacha: 3,900 masl / 12,792 ft
- Rainbow mountain, Vinicunca or 7 color mountain: 5,020 masl / 16,466 ft
- Ausangate Mountain: 6,410 masl / 21025 ft
- Length: 11 km up and down
- Walking time: 6 hours
What’s Included in this package?
- Pick up from your hotel
- Round Trip Transportation in our private van
- Professional Tour Guide
- Buffet Lunch
- First aid kit medication
- Oxygen bottle
- Entrance fee
What’s not Included in this package
- Unmentioned feed
- Walking poles (We can rent you)
- horse (you can rent in the same place)
- tips (optional)
All service is personalized (private) and it varies according to group size.
- 5 + people USD 60.00 per person
- 4 people USD 70.00 per person
- 3 people USD 90.00 per person
- 2 people USD 120.00 per person
- You have to be in Cusco at least 2 days before.
What you have to take
- Daypack, warm clothes (scarf, sweaters, rain jacket, gloves)
- Hiking shoes
- Walking poles
- Rain poncho
- Sun hat
- Toilet paper
- hand sanitizer.
- Extra money (soles)