Lares Trek best Inka Trail Adventures 4 Days / 3 Nights.
The mountain has always been a world of adventure and great travel, is conquered by the great experts and fans of hiking, all have explored and traveled the depths of the valleys and high hills for different reasons.
Lares Trek is one of the most traveled treks in Cusco – Peru and it is totally accessible for beginner hikers since the distance of the walk is short and it is less difficult than Ausangate Trek and Salkantay Trek.
The hike begins after lunch at the Lares hot springs, we will spend 2 nights in camping on the 3,800 meters, next to the high Andean communities and the inhabitants of this area will be in commission to prepare and carrying our camping equipment (in this way we contribute and we generate job for them).
Lares Trek 4 days, will take us through beautiful landscapes, small towns, crops and finally, we will arrive at the Inca city of Machu Picchu which is most desired by all the travelers that arrive in Cusco – Peru.
Before starting this wonderful hiking adventure, you have to be in perfect condition in health, physically and no matter how old you are, we only need you to have the spirit of an adventurer. We recommend to be at least 2 days before in Cusco to acclimatize to the altitude, to drink enough mate de coca, the highest point will be 4350 m. and the minimum temperature will be 4°C.
Lares Trek Summary
First Day: Cusco – Lares Hot Springs – Wakawasi.
- 5 am, pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- 9 am. Arrival at Lares hot springs
- 12 pm. Lunch
- 1:30 pm. start to hike to Wakawasi Community
- 4:30 pm. arrival to Wakawasi campsite
- 6:30 pm. Dinner
Second Day: Wakawasi- Ipsay Pass – Willoq.
- 5:50 am. Breakfast
- 6:20 am. Start the hike toward the highest point
- 10:30 am. Crossing to the highest point.
- 12:00 pm. lunchtime in Isay Qocha
- 4:30 pm. arrival at Willoq campsite.
- 6:30 pm. Dinner
Third Day: Willoq – Yayawara – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- 6 am. breakfast
- 7 am. Start the hike toward the sacred valley viewpoint, Yanawara.
- 10 am. Arrival to Yanawara viewpoint.
- 1 pm. lunch in Ollantaytambo.
- 4:36 pm. train departure from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Town.
Fourth Day: Visit Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco.
- 4:30 am. recommended time to start the walk.
- 5:30 am. first bus departure, if you want to go by bus.
- 2 hours tour in Machu Picchu
- 2:30 pm or 7:00 pm. return train to Ollantaytambo
- 6 pm or 10:20 pm. arrival time to Cusco.
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Lares Hot Springs – Wakawasi.
To start Lares Trek to Machu Picchu. We will leave Cusco at 5:00 am in a minivan in the direction of Lares hot springs, it will take us approximately 3 hours. During the bus trip, we will pass through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, beautiful villages and the scenery along the way is spectacular.
When we arrive at the Lares hot springs, we will enjoy an excellent relaxation and here we will have our delicious lunch. After half a day, we will start trekking towards to the small Wacawasi community, where we will spend our first night of camping with the local families.
The hiking will take us approximately 4 hours by a moderate route, when we arrive we will take a good rest in our tents, at 6:30 pm we will meet to dine under the endless stars.
Lares: 3240 masl /10,628 feet
Camp Altitude: 3800m / 12464ft
hot spring: 30ºC – 35ºC
Length: 7 kilometers 4.4 ml
Weather: Warm in the day and cold in the night.
Hiking Time: 4 hours approximately
Camping Altitude: 3800m / 12464ft
- lunch and dinner
- Bus Cusco to Lares
- Camping equipment
SECOND DAY: Wakawasi- Ipsay Pass – Willoq.
On this second day, our excursion will be fantastic because we will pass to the highest point of Lares Trek 4 days, we will have panoramic views in 360 ° and take many beautiful pictures.
After breakfast, we will start our hiking to Ipsay Pass (4350 metros), the highest point of our trek, this is the amazing place. From here, we will have spectacular views of the Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Veronica snow-clads, then go down to the Ipsay Lagoon where we will have our lunch.
After lunch, we will continue going down enjoying the most amazing Andean landscapes and through small agricultural areas, where the natives still employ traditional ways of life, a place where Spanish is their second language and continue Living in harmony with Mother Nature.
Finally, we will arrive at Willoq, where we will spend our second night accompanied by the inhabitants of a small Quechua town.
Ipsay Pass: 4,350 masl /14.435 feet
Willoq: 3,600 masl /1.246 feet
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Camping equipment
THIRD DAY: Willoq – Yayawara – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
On this day, we will have to wake up very early and have our breakfast (6:30 a.m.). After breakfast we will start ascending little by little along a slightly inclined road until we get to the Yanawara viewpoint, from where we will have excellent views of the entire Sacred Valley of the Incas and in this place we will stop for a few minutes to eat our snacks, then we will begin to go down to Yanawara where our mobility will be waiting for us to take us to Ollantaytambo. Here we will have our lunch and in the afternoon we will take the train (4:36 pm) to Machu Picchu Town where we will spend our third night in a chosen hotel.
Machu Picchu Town is a small and modern city where we can find all the amenities: internet, restaurants, bars, ATMs, and shops.
Ollantaytambo altitude: 2790 masl / 9151 feet
Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes): 2050 masl / 6720 feet
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
- Hotel in Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes)
FOURTH DAY: Visit Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco.
Today is our so dreamed day and last of the Lares Trek 4 Days.
After breakfast, we will begin to climb the Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, walking or by bus (optional).
It is a good idea to go early because we will able to see the magical views, like receive the first rays of the sun, see the mist rises between the rugged mountains. We will also able to see the city with few tourists. Once here, we will have our guided tour for 2 hours touring the most important points and then we will enjoy our free time to explore more and we can climb the mountains Huaynapicchu, Machupicchu (optional) and Sun gate.
Later, we will descend to Aguas Calientes Town, where we will have free time for lunch, also where we will take the return train to Ollantaytambo and from here by bus to Cusco.
Machupicchu: 2450msnm / 8036 feet
Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu. 25 minutes up or down
Walking: 1 hour and 30 minutes, 1,600 meters /1 mile
- Return Train from Machu Picchu Pueblo – Ollantaytambo. 1 hour and a half.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo – Cusco. 1 hour and a half
- Ticket to Machupicchu
End of our service.
Tours Cusco Imperial Detailed itinerary.
DAY 01: Reception in Airport & Transfer to Hotel – City Tour Cusco.
Reception at the airport and transfer to the selected hotel. Free morning to take rest and acclimatize.
At 1:30 p.m. We will start our tour with the visit to Cathedral and Qoricancha. Then we will leave the Cusco city to go to discover the enigmatic techniques used by the Inca engineers to build these amazing works. Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
Finally, we will return to Hotel at 6:00 pm.
DAY 02: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Machu Picchu.
After breakfast, we will leave Cusco at 8:30 am in the direction of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will make a short stop at Awanacancha where we will see South American Camelids and then we will visit Pisac handicraft market and archaeological site.
We will continue the journey along the river bank to Urubamba where we will have a buffet lunch, then we will visit Ollantaytambo archeological site where our tour will end at 3:40 pm and we go immediately to the train station.
Our train will leave from Ollantaytambo at 16:36 hours arriving at Machu Picchu Pueblo at 18:10 hours and we will spend the night at selected Hotel.
DAY 03: Machu Picchu Full Day – Cusco.
At 5:30 am we will take the bus to the Inca city of Machu Picchu to be the first, photograph without tourists and also to witness the magic sunrise.
In this enigmatic Inca city, our expert guide will accompany you for 2 hours, then you will have free time to explore on your own or you can go up to the famous mountains.
Finally, we will descend to the town to have lunch (Optional), in the afternoon we will board the train back to Ollantaytambo and from here we will take the bus to Cusco – hotel.
DAY 04: Maras – Moray Salt Mines.
At 8:30 a.m., we will leave the city of Cusco in the direction of the picturesque town of Maras where we will visit to the salt mines. This salt mines was exploited from the pre-Inca for different purposes and is composed of more than 4000 small wells. Then we will visit Moray where you will able to see circular stone terraces that overlap as they rise and in Incas time it was probably an agricultural laboratory to acclimate the plants to different microclimates.
After 6 hours excellent relaxation, we will return to Cusco at approximately 2:30 p.m.
DAY 05 One Day Hiking.
Today we will change routine by hiking a day in the Andes of Cusco.
But first, you have to choose a place from the 4 alternatives that we have.
Rainbow Mountain, Humantay Lagoon, the sighting of the Condor in Chonta Canyon and archaeological site of Waqrapukara.
In any of the 4 alternatives, we will have better panoramic views, unique and unforgettable trips and we will walk in more than 5,000 meters above sea level. For the detailed information of each one, click on them.
Consider. The sighting of the Condor in the Chonta Canyon and the archaeological site of Waqrapukara. They are not crowded places, therefore, everything is private service and minimum 2 people (ask us the prices).
DAY 6: Transfer to the Aiport.
Transfer to the airport or the bus terminal.
All things that are included in the package
- Tour briefing one day before the hiking.
- Transportation from the hotel to Lares Hot Springs.
- Professional Tour Guide
- chef and assistant
- Mules to carry cook and camp equipment.
- x3 breakfast, x3 lunch, x3 dinner, snacks.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- four station tent for 2 trekkers and mattresses
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Mobility from Yanawara to Ollantaytambo.
- Roundtrip Train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Return bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
Does Not Include
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch, and dinner on the fourth day.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains
- Entrance to Lares hot springs
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trekking.
- Additional horse
Lares Trek 4 Days Prices
All are Private Service and the prices vary according to the size of your Group.
|8+Explorers||US$ 540 per person|
|7 Explorers||US$ 560 per person|
|6 Explorers||US$ 580 per person|
|5 Explorers||US$ 600 per person|
|4 Explorers||US$ 620 per person|
|3 Explorers||US$ 640 per person|
|2 Explorers||US$ 660 per person|
Note. We also have shared service between 8 and more people, just ask us the availability and the price.
Optional service. To book these services that are not included in the package, you must add.
- Train Vistadome from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu, USD 40
- To get on the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, USD 24
- Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, USD 25
- 3-star hotel, USD 15 per person to the double or marital room.
- 4-star hotel, USD 30 per person to the double or marital room.
Things that we can rent you
- Sleeping bag for the entire tour. We can rent you. USD 15
- Single Tent Supplement, we can also rent it. USD 25 for the entire tour
- If you want to rent an extra horse to ride. USD 90 for 3 days.
- Walking sticks. US$ 10 for the entire hike.
We have USD 20 off.
- For university students under 25 years who have a university card and under 17 years.
- Also for the countries belonging to the Andean Community (CAN) Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Colombia.
What you need to take
- lightweight backpack
- Original Passport
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sunscreen (factor 75 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Toilet paper
- Energy bars
- Camera and film charger
- Extra money (soles)
Lares Trek Payment Methods.
We have 4 modes of payment and any reservation is confirmed with 50% deposit and the rest will be paid upon arrival in our City of Cusco.
1.- Visa. We will send you the deposit request link. Consult amount to deposit.
Only by clicking on the link will the form appear. In the number of purchases write the number obtained for your reservation, which will be proportioned by the travel agency Machu Picchu Andes Tours Cusco.
2.- PayPal. We will send a deposit request to your personal e-mail.
3.- MoneyGram. Put well written the data of the person to send.
- Name: Lylia Loaiza Pacheco.
- Identity Document (DNI): 47704521.
- Address: Cusco – Peru.
4.- Western Union. Put well written the data of the person to send.
- Name: Lylia Loaiza Pacheco.
- Identity Document (DNI): 47704521.
- Address: Cusco – Peru.