Short Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 2 days / 1 night.
The Short Inca Trail hike 2 days is the short version of the famous Inca Trail 4 days /3 nights. Thus, this is excellent for those travelers who have less time and travel with their children but do not want to miss this unique trip.
Nowadays, Short Inca Trail 2 days is one of the famous roads that leads to one of the wonders “MACHU PICCHU”.
Machu Picchu is the Inca city recognized by UNESCO as a cultural and natural heritage of mankind, therefore, counts several accesses that lead to the Visitors and Inca Trail Trek 2 days is one of them.
Come with us to explore this great path of the ancient settlers of this beautiful, fertile and enigmatic land.
Summary of the Short Inca Trail Trek
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
- 04:00 am. pick up from the hotel in Cusco
- 06:40 am. train departure
- 07:40 am. train arrival to km 104
- 08:40 am. hiking start
- 12:00 hours. arrival to Wiñayhuayna archaeological site and lunchtime
- 14:00 hours. arrival to sun gate (Inti Punku)
- 15:20 hours. arrival to Machu Picchu
- 16:00 hours. Take the bus to Aguas Calientes town
- 16:40 hours. arrival to Hotel and check in
- 18:00 hours. Dinner
SECOND DAY: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 05:00 am. pick up from hotel
- 05:30 am. first bus departure to Machu Picchu
- 06:00 am. the main gate of Machu Picchu opens
- 06:30 am. Machu Picchu tour start for 2 hours
- 14:00 hours. time to take the bus to Aguas Calientes town
- 16:12 hours. time to take the train to Ollantaytambo
- 17:50 hours. arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 20:00 hours. arrival to Cusco – Hotel
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 104 – Inca Footpath Trek – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
04:00 am. Your private tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and he will be driving you in our touristic van to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
You will travel by train until km 104. From here, will start your longed-for hike by original short Inca trail.
Your tour today will take you through the most impressive stretch of the original Inca Trail. You will walk among the beautiful flora and fauna of the high jungle visiting wonderful Inca sites and enjoying the fantastic panorama of the Andes.
On the way, you will visit the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna which is one of the beautiful Inca cities where you will have enough time to explore and eat your sandwich. Then, you will continue following a path full of stone steps to Inti Punku which is the highest point of the route. From here you can see one of the most important cities of the Inca Empire “Machu Picchu”. In this city, you will be lucky to appreciate the beautiful sunset and later you will take the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes.
Maximum Altitude Inti Punku (sun gate): 2680 meters / 8792 ft
Minimum Altitude: 2150 meters / 7052 feet
Walking Length: approximately 9 km / 5.6 miles
Trekking time: 6 – 7 hours
- Lunchbox & Dinner
- 1 Night in Aguas Calientes in a 2-star hotel
SECOND DAY: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
After breakfast, you will take the bus to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, where you will have a guided tour for about a 2 hour, visiting the most interesting places of this great city, such as temples, Palaces, square, sacred fountains, agricultural sector, etc. After 2 hours, you will have free time to explore on your own and to take many photographs.
Later, at the indicated time. you will go down to Aguas Calientes town, lunch (optional) and finally, you will go to the train station to return to the city of Ollantambo, where your private bus will be waiting for you to take you to Cusco – Hotel.
Aguas Calientes – 2050masl / 6.7 feet
Highest Altitude – 2450 masl / 8 feet
Walking Distance – 1.6 km / 1 miles
Overall Difficulty – Easy to Moderate
- Meal: breakfast
- Ticket to Machu Picchu
End of our services
What is Included in the Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 2 Days?
- Private touristic van: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo – km 104
- return train ticket from Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo
- Professional Guide: English or Spanish; 2 guides for groups larger than 9 people
- Food: 1 breakfasts, 1box lunch, 1 dinners, snacks
- Entrance ticket to Inca Trail & Machu Picchu
- 1 Accommodation in Aguas Calientes 2-star hotel
What is not included?
- Breakfast first day, lunch last day
- Personal porter for backpack transportation (8 kilos per person)
- Entrance tickets to Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu mountain
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Transfer in and out
- Tips (optional)
All private service
Price from 2019 through January 31, 2020.
All prices are based on 2-star hotels, double or matrimonial rooms and vary according to the number of people traveling with you.
- 1 person US$ 599
- 2 people US$ 490 per person
- 3 people US$ 470 per person
- 4 people US$ 450 per person
- 5 people US$ 430 per person
- 6 + people US$ 410 per person
USD 20 per person.
- The discount for students who have a valid university card on the date of the tour or who is under 17 years old.
- To receive the discount, we need you to send us a simple copy of your student card.
- For those reserving children 12 years old or younger, we need a simple copy or a photo of their passport in the reservation.
If you want to spend the night in another category of hotel, just ask us.
This is only if you prefer these services, you may add.
- USD 75 per person. To journey by Vistadome train from Poroy Cusco, round trip. (In January, February, March, and April, departure suspended from Poroy station. All trains leave from Ollantaytambo station)
- USD 70 per person. To climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountains.
Packing list for your backpack
- Flashlight, Repellent, Sunblock, Toilet paper, Plastic bags (to protect cameras and throw garbage), Purifying water tablets, Waterproof jacket, walking stick, Long trousers, Shorts, Underwear, Rain poncho, Sneakers or Sandals to rest the feet in the camp, a cap or hat and Personal medicines and
- You have to be at least 2-day before in the city of Cusco.