Inca Trail Express to Machu Picchu. It begins at km 104 of the railroad that goes to Machu Picchu, at an altitude of 2150 meters above sea level. The highest point is sun gate, 2,730 meters above sea level. It has 10.5 km, and the hike lasts 6 hours at a moderate pace.
This one-day trek will take you through the same 2-day Inca Trail and the last part of the 4-day Classic Inca Trail. The trip is enchanting with beautiful panoramic views, full of flora and fauna. It also allows us to visit three beautiful Inca cities, Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna and in the afternoon to Machu Picchu with stunning sunset views.
Inca Trail Express 1 day is highly recommended for families. Also for those who do not have enough time to stay in Cusco. This Inca path Express does not require much effort; you only need to have an adventurous spirit.
Inca Trail Express – Day Tour: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 3:40 am.
- Your train will depart from the Ollantaytambo train station at 6:10 a.m.
- Start the hike at 8:00 a.m. On the way, explore the archeological site of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna.
- At 1:00 pm, pass the highest point of the Inca Express Trail, Puerta del Sol (Inti Punku).
- Explore the Inca city of “Machu Picchu” until 5:00 p.m.
- At 5:30 p.m., catch the last bus to go down to Aguas Calientes town and then enjoy your dinner.
- At 20:50, take your return train to Ollantaytambo station, then take a minivan to the city of Cusco – Hotel.
- Arrival in Cusco – Hotel at 11:30 p.m.
Inca Path Express – Day Tour: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco
To start the hike of the Inca Trail Express, we will pass by your hotel in Cusco at 3:40 am to pick you up and take you by bus to the Ollantaytambo train station. From where our trip will be 1 hour and 10 minutes to km 104 of the railway. When we pass the control, in a couple of minutes, we will visit Chachabamba archaeological site; then we will continue the trek for 3 hours until Wiñaywayna archaeological site, where we will also have enough time to photograph and to have lunch.
After the short break, we will continue our adventure enjoying the richness of biodiversity to the highest point of Inca Path Express – Day Tour, Sun Gate (2,720 meters / 8,922 feet). From here we will have beautiful panoramic views of the Inca city of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
Approximately at 2 pm. We will start the tour of the Machu Picchu Inca city with our expert guide until 5 pm. After the tour, we will descend to Aguas Calientes town to enjoy a delicious dinner.
At 8:50 pm. We will take our return train to Ollantaytambo. From here we will board our private mobility to the city of Cusco – Hotel and arrival will be at approximately 11:40 pm.
- Maximum altitude Inti Punku (Sun gate): 2720 masl / 8922 feet
- Minimum altitude: 2100 meters / 6,888 feet
- Trek Length: 10.5 km / 6.5 miles
- Hiking time: 6 – 7 hours
End of our service
We included in the package.
- Pre-departure explanation meeting.
- Roundtrip Private Mobility between Cusco hotel – Ollantaytambo train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail Express and Machu Picchu
- One bus ticket between Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- A professional English speaking guide.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Food. 1 lunch (Lunch box) and 1 Dinner. Vegetarian option (no extra charge).
We do not include
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least for the duration of your adventure.
- Walking sticks
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Flight tickets
- Tips (optional)
Prices 2019 until January 31 of 2020.
Inca trail express is only done in private service (Small Groups), and prices vary according to the number of people traveling with you.
- 1 Trekkers US$ 450
- 2 Trekkers US$ 365 per person
- 3 Trekkers US$ 350 per person
- 4 Trekkers US$ 335 per person
- 5 Trekkers US$ 320 per person
- 6+Trekkers US$ 310 per person
US$ 20 off.
- For students who have a valid university card and under 17 years old.
- Special discount for under 12 years old.
- Be in Cusco at least 1-day before the tour.
- Carry passports or another document with which you made the reservation of the Inca Trail.
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Plastic bags (to protect cameras and trash)
- Waterproof jacket
- Rain poncho
- A hat or cap
- Personal medications
- Extra money (soles).