Inca Trail 1 day to Machu Picchu. It begins at km 104 of the railroad that goes to Machu Picchu, at an altitude of 2150 meters above sea level. The highest point is the sun gate, 2,730 meters above sea level. It has 10.5 km, and the hike lasts 6 hours at a moderate pace.
This one-day trek will take you through the same 2-day Inca Trail and the last part of the 4-day Classic Inca Trail. The trip is enchanting with beautiful panoramic views, full of flora and fauna. It also allows us to visit three beautiful Inca cities, Chachabamba, Wiñaywayna, and in the afternoon to Machu Picchu with stunning sunset views.
Inca Trail 1 day is highly recommended for families. Also for those who do not have enough time to stay in Cusco. This Inca path Express does not require much effort; you only need to have an adventurous spirit.
Map of the Inca Trail 1 day to Machu Picchu.
Summary: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 3:40 am.
- Your train will depart from the Ollantaytambo train station at 6:10 a.m.
- Start the hike at 8:00 a.m. On the way, explore the archeological site of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna.
- At 1:00 pm, pass the highest point of the Inca Trail 1 day, Sun Gate.
- Explore the Inca city of “Machu Picchu” until 4:40 p.m.
- At 5:00 p.m., catch the last bus to go down to Aguas Calientes town.
- At 06:20 or 08:50 p.m., take your return train to Ollantaytambo station, then take your private minivan to the hotel in Cusco city.
- Arrival in Cusco – Hotel at 09:50 or 11:30 p.m.
Inca Path 1 Day Tour: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu – Cusco
To start the hike of the Inca Trail 1 day, we will pass by your hotel in Cusco at 3:40 am to pick you up and take you by bus to the Ollantaytambo train station. From where our trip will be 1 hour and 20 minutes to km 104 of the railway. When we pass the control, in a couple of minutes, we will visit Chachabamba archaeological site; then we will continue the trek for 3 hours until Wiñaywayna archaeological site, where we will also have enough time to photograph and to have lunch.
After the short break, we will continue our adventure enjoying the richness of biodiversity to the highest point of Inca Track 1 day, Sun Gate (2,720 meters / 8,922 feet). From here we will have beautiful panoramic views of the Inca city of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
Approximately at 2 pm. We will start the tour of Machu Picchu Inca city with our expert guide until 4:40 pm. After the tour, we will descend to Aguas Calientes town.
At 6:20 or 8:50 p.m. We will take our return train to Ollantaytambo. From here we will board our private mobility to the city of Cusco – Hotel and arrival will be at approximately 9:50 or 11:30 pm.
- Maximum altitude Inti Punku (Sun Gate): 2720 masl / 8922 feet
- Minimum altitude: 2100 meters / 6,888 feet
- Trek Length: 10.5 km / 6.5 miles
- Hiking time: 6 – 7 hours
End of our service
What’s included in the Inca Trail 1 day.
- Pre-departure explanation meeting.
- Roundtrip Private Mobility between Cusco hotel – Ollantaytambo train station.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail 1 Day and Machu Picchu
- One-way bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- A professional English speaking guide.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Food. 1 lunch box (2 fruits, 1 cereal cookie, bottled water, juice and 1 sandwich). Vegetarian option (no extra charge).
What’s not included
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. You must take out your travel insurance at least for the duration of your adventure.
- Walking sticks
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Flight tickets
- Tips (optional)
Private price 2022 through January 31, 2023.
Inca trail 1 Day is only done in private service (Small Groups), and prices vary according to the number of people traveling with you.
Important. To make the direct payment through our web system, click on Booking, a new window will open, fill in the blanks. Our system offers you 2 payment methods, Pay-me and PayPal. Through both options, you can make the payment with credit or debit cards (Visa / Niubiz, Master Card, Diner Club, and American Express).
Our prices are net, does not include international transaction fee and for Peruvians does not include IGV.
Your group size
Price per person
US$ 20 off.
- For college students under 25 years old, they must present a PVC material made card and must contain the following: University name, student name, and photo. The effective date must be valid at the time of the hike.
- Also, for children from 8 to 17 years.
- Special discounts for children under 7 and groups organized by travel companies.
- Be in Cusco at least 1-day before the tour.
- Carry passport
- Carry passports or another document with which you made the reservation of the Inca Trail 1 Day.
- Mosquitoes repellent
- Plastic bags (to protect cameras and trash)
- Waterproof jacket
- Rain poncho
- A hat or cap
- Personal medications
- Extra money (soles).