Humantay Lagoon is a new touristic destination in Cusco, as well as the watching to the Andean condor in the Chonta Canyon and the Rainbow Mountain. These natural beauties of great interest are still ignored by most of the world’s visitors who arrive in the imperial city of Cusco. This beautiful Humantay Lagoon is the snow melt accumulation of the same name.
It is located on the same Salkantay trek route, in the district of Mollepata, 3 hours and 20 minutes by bus to the northwest of the city of Cusco.
On this one day tour. You will leave the routine and the bustling city to be in contact with nature in 100%. Because you will feel the pure air, you will see in very close to the snowfall of the Andes Mountain Range and finally, you will see the Andean communities that still preserve the customs and traditions.
- Altitude Soraypampa. 3950 m.a.s.l. / 2,960 feet
- Humantay lagoon elevation. 4200 m.a.s.l. / 13,776 feet
Humantay lagoon Itinerary
- 4:30 a.m. pick up from hotel
- 6:30 a.m. arrival to Mollepata village and breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. arrival to Soraypampa camp
- 11:30 a.m. visit Humantay lagoon
- 12:30 p.m. take the bus from Soraypampa camp to Mollepata
- 2:30 p.m. Lunch
- 6:30 p.m. arrival at Cusco – Hotel
1 DAY TOUR. Cusco – Humantay Lagoon – Cusco.
We will pick you up at 4 a.m. From whichever hotel you are spending the night at within Cusco.
the journey is about two and a half hour in tourist van until Mollepata town, here you will stop to enjoy a fantastic breakfast, after breakfast, you will continue an hour more by van until reach to Soraypampa community. From here, you will begin the uphill hike for 2 hours until reach to Humantay Lagoon.
But along the way, you will enjoy incredible views of the Andes, glaciers, deep valleys, rocky hills and also Andean animals.
As you reach to Humantay Lagoon, you will have enough time to photograph and film, after all, you will come back to Soraypampa community to take the bus to Mollepata. Your lunch place and finally you will come back to Cusco.
The arrival to Cusco will be approximately at 6:30 p.m.[/fusion_tab]
- Bus from Cusco – Soraypampa – Cusco
- Official Tour Guide
- Breakfast and Lunch
- first aid kit and oxygen
It’s not included.
- Walking sticks
- Food and beverages not mentioned
- Personal Medicine
- Tips (optional)
All our service is private and prices vary according to the number of people in your group.
- 2 people USD 130 dollars per person
- 3 people USD 110 dollars per person
- 4 people USD 90 dollars per person
- 5+ people USD 80 dollars per person
- You have to be in Cusco at least 2 days before to acclimatize and drink a lot of coca tea.
What you need to bring
- Passport (copies or photos)
- a personal light backpack
- hiking shoes
- raincoat or rain poncho
- thick jacket
- caps or hats
- personal medication
- toilet paper
- Energy bars
- camera with charger and
- extra money (soles).