The Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco is located in the northwest of the city, over the Apurímac river canyon, in 3 hours driving of the Cusco city.
This beautiful place is a favorite refuge for the birds, especially for the Andean Condor. Where there are more than 100 Andean condors housed along the canyon.
The Andean condor is the largest bird in the world among those who fly, weigh up to 15 kilos, its extended wings reach up to 3 meters and is the only bird that can plan in more than 8 thousand meters of altitude. In ancestral times (Incas) it was considered as one of the deities representatives of the spiritual world (heaven).
This is the main reason that nowadays the Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco becomes a tourist attraction and also because of the beautiful landscape that surrounds it deep valleys and beautiful snow-covered mountains.
So we invite you to visit this place and have the holidays in a different and unforgettable way and finally it is totally recommended for families.
- Cusco to Chonta Canyon. 100 km
- Altitude Chonta Canyon. 3380 m.a.s.l /11.086 feet
- Treking Length. 6.6 km /4.1 miles
- 8:00 a.m. we will pick you up from your hotel
- 9:20 a.m. visit Killarumiyoc archaeological sites
- 11:00 a.m. visit Tarawasi Inca city
- 12:00 p.m. lunch in Limatambo village
- 1:40 p.m. arrival to Chonta community and walking start
- 3:00 p.m. arrival to the condor viewpoint of Chonta Cusco
- 5:00 p.m. take the bus back to Cusco
- 7:00 p.m. arrival at Cusco – Hotel
Cusco – Quillarumiyoc – Tarawasi – The Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco.
At 8 a.m., our private guide will pick you up from any hotel you are spending the night and then head to the northwest of the city by bus.
Your trip will be totally slow visiting some archeological sites such as Killarumiyoc and Tarawasi which are small Inca constructions that have a wonderful structure and you will also pass through Limatambo which is the small and modern town where you can find everything and it is the lunch place.
From Limatambo you will take the bus in the zig-zag to the community of Chonta and from here, you will start walking following a flat path to the Condor Viewpoint Chonta Cusco and if you do not want to walk for an hour and a half you can rent a horse.
After 3 p.m. the Andean condors (Vultur gryphus) begin to return from their daily activities, later, they can already visually enjoy the majestic flights of the condor over the Apurimac River Canyon and finally, return to the city of Cusco arriving at approximately 7 p.m.
End of our service.
What’s Included in the Package
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private T0urist van
- Professional Tour guide
- 01 lunch
- Entrance to Chonta canyon.
What’s not Included
- Drinks: mineral water between others
- Walking poles
Private service price.
all are private service and prices vary according to people’s number.
- 2 people USD 150 per person
- 3 people USD 130 per person
- 4 people USD 110 per person
- 5 people USD 95 per person
- 6+people USD 80 per person
What do you need to take?
- Sun’s Block.
- mosquito repellent
- Camera with the extra battery.
- Hat or cap.
- Trekking Shoes.
- Extra money and
- Mineral Water