Classic Inca Trail Trek – Machu Picchu Hiking Tours
Exploring the Classic Inca Trail 4-Day, it is a unique experience that will never be forgotten in your life.
This Traditional Inca Path to Machupicchu is one of the 10 the best treks that exist in the world and highly recommended by all who had the unique experience in their lives. Because, it has exquisite beauty, natural protection, excellent panoramic views.
In this hiking, you cross different ecosystems, mountain ranges of the Puna region and the high jungle that is an impressive flora and fauna refuge.
Not only shows us the natural beauty, but also the architecture that are masterpieces constructed with a perfect harmony of the geomorphology.
This trek has a 4-day duration, which starts from kilometer 82 of the railway that goes from Cusco to Machu Picchu, has 43 kilometers of the length, reaches a maximum altitude of 4,200 meters above sea level / 13.779 feet and end with the inspiring sunrise show in the wonder of the modern world Machu Picchu.
Summary of the Traditional Inca Path
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba
- 5 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- 5:20 a.m. Departure from Cusco to Ollantaytambo – km 82
- 9 a.m. hiking start
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch in Llaqtapata
- 5:30 p.m. te o mate coca
- 6 p.m Dinner
SECOND DAY: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca (dead woman) – Pacaymayo
- 5:30 a.m. Wake up
- 6 a.m. Breakfast
- 7 a.m. Start of ascent to the highest point
- 11 a.m. arrival to the highest point (woman dead) and lunch
- 4 p.m. arrival at Pacaymayo campsite
- 5:30 p.m. coffee, te or coca
- 6 p.m. Dinner
THIRD DAY: Pacaymayo – Puyupatamarka – Wiñayhuayna
- 5:30 wake up
- 6 a.m. Breakfast
- 7 a.m. trekking
- 1 p.m. lunch in Chaki Qocha
- 4 p.m. arrival at Wiñaywayna campsite
- 5:30 p.m. hot drinks
- 6:30 p.m. lunch
FOURTH DAY: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 3:40 a.m. wake up
- 4 a.m. Breakfast
- 6:30 a.m. arrival to Sun Gate
- 8:30 a.m. guiding tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours, after you will have free time to explore more or to climb up to Huayna Picchu.
- 2 p.m. take the bus down
- 4:12 p.m. train departure to Ollantaytambo
- 5:50 p.m. arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 8:30 p.m. arrival at Cusco Hotel
Full Itinerary of the Classic Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days.
FIRST DIA: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba.
Your private tour guide will pick you up at 5 a.m., from whichever hotel you are spending the night in Cusco. Then, we will journey about three hours in our tourist van until arrive at Km 82.
At Km 82. To pass the control, we will show our passport and tickets. Then, we will start our hiking along the original path of the great Inca civilization (9:00 a.m.). We will walk for about 3 hours until we reach Llactapata which is a small archaeological complex and will have enough time to explore.
After visiting, we will have our delicious lunch (12:30 p.m.) and later will continue with our tour until arriving at Huayllabamba which is the place where we will spend the first night of our expedition.
- Cusco: 3,350m.a.s.l. / 11,988 feet
- Huayllabamba: 3000 m.a.s.l / 9,840 feet
- Length: 10km/6.2 miles
- Hiking Time: 6 horas
- Feeding: Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
SECOND DAY: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca (dead woman) – Pacaymayo – Chakiqocha.
Today awaits us, the most complicated stretch of the Classic Inca Trail Trek because we will ascend to the highest point and we will also walk longer time (10 hours).
6 a.m. We will enjoy our delicious breakfast; then we will start the uphill hike for 4 hours until we reach Warmiwañusqa (4,200 meters). From here, we will have an incredible panoramic view of the Andes mountain range.
After amazing views, we will begin to descend towards the very nice tropical forest of Pacaymayo. It will be, the place of our lunch.
After the short rest, we will continue 4 hours of walking, passing through the small Inca villages until we reach Chakiqocha. It is the place of our second night of camping, and it is also the perfect place to watch the sunset and the sunrise.
- Highest point (dead woman): 4,200 m.a.s.l. / 13,779 feet
- Pacaymayo: 3600 m.a.s.l. / 11,808 feet
- Distance: 16 km / 10 miles
- Trekking time: 10 hours
- Chakiqocha: 3,590 m.a.s.l. / 11,778 feet
- Feeding: Breakfast, lunch, Dinner & snack
THIRD DAY: Chakiqocha – Pjuyupatamarka – Wiñaywayna.
This early morning will be something unforgettable and magical because we will see the first sunlight illuminate the top of the mountains and we will also see the mist rising from the depths of the valley.
At 6 a.m. Breakfast. After breakfast, we will start hike slowly along the Traditional Inca Path. Although hundreds of years passed, in this part of the route, the Inca Trail remains 100% original. Therefore, in our journey, we will be lucky to see tiny Inca villages with their stone entrances, small tunnels, agricultural terraces, hydraulic system, food storage, houses, temples and among others.
Finally, we will arrive at the archaeological center of Wiñaywayna where we will spend the third night of the expedition. After lunch, we will have free time to explore this beautiful Inca city.
At 5:30 p.m. hot drink hour, at 6:30 p.m. dinner and overnight.
- Wiñaywayna: 2,700 m.a.s.l. /8,856 feet
- Walking length: 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Hiking duration: 4.5 hours
- Feeding: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
FOURTH DAY: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
At 4:30 a.m. We will continue our trip through high jungle observing different types of orchids and birds until arrival to sun gate. From here, you will see for the first time to one of the seven wonders of the modern world “Machu Picchu Inca city” and you will able to take pictures without the people and with the first sunlight.
Then we will go down the last part of the Classic Inca Trail to check in to the main gate of the city of Machu Picchu. Next, we will make a guided tour for 2 hours touring the most interesting points. Afterward, you will have free time to continue exploring or being able to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain.
Later, we recommend you take the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes at 2:30 pm for lunch (on your own). After lunch, you have to head to the station to take the return train to Ollantaytambo (4:12 pm). When you arrive at the Ollantaytambo train station, the staff of the company will be waiting for you to take you by bus to Cusco Hotel.
Arrival at Cusco will be approximately at 20:30 hours.
- Sun Gate: 2,720 m.a.s.l. /8,922 feet
- Machu Picchu: 2,540 m.a.s.l /8,036 feet
- Hiking length: 5 km /3.1 miles
- Walking time: 3 hours
- Feeding: Breakfast
- End of our service
Below are shown. All the things that are included and those that are not included.
Inclusions of the Classic Inca Trail Trek
- Brief information night before the hike.
- Touristic bus from Cusco Hotel – Km 82
- Admission ticket to Classic Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Professional tour guide (1 assistant for more than 9 people)
- Hiking Chef
- Porter service to transport our camping equipment (6 kilos per person)
- Dining tent, table, chairs
- 1 tent for 2 people
- 1 Mat for each
- Feedings: 3 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, and snacks
- first aid kit and oxygen
- one-way bus ticket from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Touristic bus from Ollantaytambo train station – hotel Cusco
In the package is not Include
- Personal stuff
- Sleeping bags
- Breakfast first day, lunch and dinner on the last day
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain
- Walking Poles
- Tips (optional)
Prices 2018 through January 31, 2019
Private Price of the Traditional Inca Path Trek.
Prices vary according to the number of people traveling with you. The entire tour is in Private Service.
Your group size
- 1 Trekkers US$ 1190
- 2 Trekkers US$ 870 per person
- 3 Trekkers US$ 840 per person
- 4 Trekkers US$ 800 per person
- 5 Trekkers US$ 760 per person
- 6 Trekkers US$ 720 per person
- 7 Trekkers US$ 680 per person
- 8 + Trekkers US$ 640 per person
We Offer US$ 30 off
- With the identification of the original student granted by the university in PVC material and must meet the following requirements: information of the university, personal information of the student, photograph of the student and expiration date valid at the time of the tour. The discount is valid until 25 years old. For more information, click here.
- Children under 17 also have a discount.
You must add
- If you want to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you have to add USD 70 per person
- For the Vistadome train USD 35 per person
- One Extra porter (15 kg) to help with your personal luggage USD 110 and can be hired by 2 tourists
- Additional tent USD 25
- 1 Sleeping bag USD 20 per person
- 2 Walking poles USD 15 per person
The things you must carry inside a small backpack.
- A personal light backpack
- Sweater or thick coat
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottles
- Power Bars
- plastic bag
- Camera with charger
- Toilet paper
- Purifying Water Pills
- Waterproof jacket
- 2 poles
- Long and short trousers
- Rain poncho
- Flips flops
- A hat
- Personal Medications
- Personal and
- Some money (soles)
- To venture into the Traditional Inca Trail, you must be in Cusco at least 2 days before the hike to acclimate.
- Must be in good physical condition and health.