The 4-Day Inca Trail Tour – Machu Picchu Hiking Tours
Explore the Classic 4-Day Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu, it is a unique experience that will never be forgotten in your life.
This Traditional 4-Day Inca Path to Machupicchu is one of the 10 best treks that exist in the world and highly recommended by all who had the unique experience in their lives. Because, it has exquisite beauty, natural protection, excellent panoramic views.
In this hiking, you cross different ecosystems, mountain ranges of the Puna region and the high jungle that is an impressive flora and fauna refuge.
Not only shows us the natural beauty, but also the architecture that are masterpieces constructed with a perfect harmony of the geomorphology.
This trek has a 4-day duration, which starts from kilometer 82 of the railway that goes from Cusco to Machu Picchu, has 43 kilometers of the length, reaches a maximum altitude of 4,200 meters above sea level / 13.779 feet and end with the inspiring sunrise show in the wonder of the modern world Machu Picchu.
Map of the 4-Day Inca Track to Machu Picchu
Summary of the 4-Day Inca Path
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba
- 5 a.m. Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- 5:20 a.m. Departure from Cusco to Ollantaytambo – km 82
- 9 a.m. hiking start
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch in Llaqtapata
- 5:30 p.m. te o mate coca
- 6 p.m Dinner
SECOND DAY: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca (dead woman) – Pacaymayo
- 5:30 a.m. Wake up
- 6 a.m. Breakfast
- 7 a.m. Start of ascent to the highest point
- 11 a.m. arrival to the highest point (woman dead) and lunch
- 4 p.m. arrival at Pacaymayo campsite
- 5:30 p.m. coffee, te or coca
- 6 p.m. Dinner
THIRD DAY: Pacaymayo – Puyupatamarka – Wiñayhuayna
- 5:30 wake up
- 6 a.m. Breakfast
- 7 a.m. trekking
- 1 p.m. lunch in Chaki Qocha
- 4 p.m. arrival at Wiñaywayna campsite
- 5:30 p.m. hot drinks
- 6:30 p.m. lunch
FOURTH DAY: Wiñayhuayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 3:40 a.m. wake up
- 4 a.m. Breakfast
- 6:30 a.m. arrival to Sun Gate
- 8:30 a.m. guiding tour in Machu Picchu for 2 hours, after you will have free time to explore more or to climb up to Huayna Picchu.
- 2 p.m. take the bus down
- 4:12 p.m. train departure to Ollantaytambo
- 5:50 p.m. arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 8:30 p.m. arrival at Cusco Hotel
Detailed Itinerary of the 4-Day Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu.
FIRST DIA: Cusco – Km 82 – Huayllabamba.
Your private tour guide will pick you up at 5 a.m., from whichever hotel you are spending the night in Cusco. Then, we will journey about three hours in our tourist van until arrive at Km 82.
At Km 82. To pass the control, we will show our passport and tickets. Then, we will start our hiking along the original path of the great Inca civilization (9:00 a.m.). We will walk for about 3 hours until we reach Llactapata which is a small archaeological complex and will have enough time to explore.
After visiting, we will have our delicious lunch (12:30 p.m.) and later will continue with our tour until arriving at Huayllabamba which is the place where we will spend the first night of our expedition.
- Cusco: 3,350m.a.s.l. / 11,988 feet
- Huayllabamba: 3000 m.a.s.l / 9,840 feet
- Length: 10km/6.2 miles
- Hiking Time: 6 horas
- Feeding: Lunch, Dinner & Snacks
SECOND DAY: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca (dead woman) – Pacaymayo – Chakiqocha.
Today awaits us, the most complicated stretch of the Classic Inca Trail Trek because we will ascend to the highest point and we will also walk a longer time (10 hours).
6 a.m. We will enjoy our delicious breakfast; then we will start the uphill hike for 4 hours until we reach Warmiwañusqa (4,200 meters). From here, we will have an incredible panoramic view of the Andes mountain range.
After amazing views, we will begin to descend towards the very nice tropical forest of Pacaymayo. It will be, the place of our lunch.
After the short rest, we will continue 4 hours of walking, passing through the small Inca villages until we reach Chakiqocha. It is the place of our second night of camping, and it is also the perfect place to watch the sunset and the sunrise.
- Highest point (dead woman): 4,200 m.a.s.l. / 13,779 feet
- Pacaymayo: 3600 m.a.s.l. / 11,808 feet
- Distance: 16 km / 10 miles
- Trekking time: 10 hours
- Chakiqocha: 3,590 m.a.s.l. / 11,778 feet
- Feeding: Breakfast, lunch, Dinner & snack
THIRD DAY: Chakiqocha – Pjuyupatamarka – Wiñaywayna.
This early morning will be something unforgettable and magical because we will see the first sunlight illuminate the top of the mountains and we will also see the mist rising from the depths of the valley.
At 6 a.m. Breakfast. After breakfast, we will start hike slowly along the Classic 4-Day Inca trail. Although hundreds of years passed, in this part of the route, the Inca Trail remains 100% original. Therefore, in our journey, we will be lucky to see tiny Inca villages with their stone entrances, small tunnels, agricultural terraces, hydraulic system, food storage, houses, temples and among others.
Finally, we will arrive at the archaeological center of Wiñaywayna where we will spend the third night of the expedition. After lunch, we will have free time to explore this beautiful Inca city.
At 5:30 p.m. hot drink hour, at 6:30 p.m. dinner and overnight.
- Wiñaywayna: 2,700 m.a.s.l. /8,856 feet
- Walking length: 10 km / 6.2 miles
- Hiking duration: 4.5 hours
- Feeding: Breakfast, lunch & dinner
FOURTH DAY: Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
At 4:30 a.m. We will continue our trip through high jungle observing different types of orchids and birds until arrival to the Sun gate. From here, you will see for the first time to one of the seven wonders of the modern world “Machu Picchu Inca city” and you will able to take pictures without the people and with the first sunlight.
Then we will go down the last part of the Classic 4-Day Inca Trail to check in to the main gate of the city of Machu Picchu. Next, we will take a guided tour for 2 hours touring the most interesting points. Afterward, you will have free time to continue exploring or being able to climb to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain.
Later, we recommend that you take the bus to Aguas Calientes town at 2:30 pm for lunch (on your own). After lunch, you have to head to the train station to take the return train to Ollantaytambo (4:12 pm). Upon arrival at the Ollantaytambo train station, the company staff will be waiting to take you by bus to the Hotel in Cusco.
Arrival at Cusco will be approximately at 20:30 hours.
- Sun Gate: 2,720 m.a.s.l. / 8,922 feet
- Machu Picchu: 2,540 m.a.s.l / 8,036 feet
- Hiking length: 5 km / 3.1 miles
- Walking time: 3 hours
- Feeding: Breakfast
- End of our service
What’s included in the 4-Day Inca Trail Tour
- Brief information night before the hike.
- Touristic bus from Cusco Hotel – Km 82
- Admission ticket to 4-Day Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Professional tour guide (1 assistant for more than 9 people)
- Hiking professional Chef
- Porter service to transport our camping equipment (6 kilos per person)
- Dining tent, table, chairs
- 1 tent for 2 people
- 1 Mat for each
- Feedings: 3 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, and snacks
- First aid kit and oxygen
- One-way bus ticket from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Return train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Touristic bus from Ollantaytambo train station – hotel Cusco
What’s not included
- Personal Item
- Sleeping bags
- Travel insurance. Take out your travel insurance.
- Breakfast first day, lunch and dinner on the last day
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain
- Walking Poles
- Tips (optional)
Private price of the 4-Day Inca Trail Tour.
2020 through January 31, 2021.
The 4-Day Inca trail Tour is only done in private service (small groups), and prices vary according to the number of people who book together.
- 1 Trekkers $ 1190 USD
- 2 Trekkers $ 870 USD per person
- 3 Trekkers $ 840 USD per person
- 4 Trekkers $ 800 USD per person
- 5 Trekkers $ 760 USD per person
- 6 Trekkers $ 720 USD per person
- 7 Trekkers $ 680 USD per person
- 8 + Trekkers $ 640 USD per person
We Offer $ 30.00 USD off
- With the identification of the original student granted by the university in PVC material and must meet the following requirements: information of the university, personal information of the student, photograph of the student and expiration date valid at the time of the tour. The discount is valid until 25 years old. For more information, click here.
- Children under 17 also have a discount.
You must add
- If you want to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you have to add USD 70 per person
- For the Vistadome train USD 37 per person
- One Extra porter (15 kg) to help with your personal luggage USD 115 and can be hired by 2 tourists
- Additional tent USD 25
- 1 Sleeping bag USD 25 per person
- 2 Walking poles USD 15 per person
- Before booking the 4-Day Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu, ask us about availability for the date you want. In general, reservations must be made at least six months in advance, depending on the season
- Be in Cusco at least 1 day before the tour.
- Drink coca leaf infusion in Cusco to avoid altitude sickness.
The things you must carry inside a small backpack.
- A personal light backpack
- Sweater or thick coat
- Hiking shoes
- Water bottles
- Power Bars
- plastic bag
- Camera with charger
- Toilet paper
- Purifying Water Pills
- Waterproof jacket
- 2 poles
- Long and short trousers
- Rain poncho
- Flips flops
- A hat
- Personal Medications
- Personal and
- Some money (soles)