2-Day Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
The 2-day Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu is the short version of the Classic 4-Day Inca Trail Trek. Thus, this is excellent for those travelers who have less time and travel with their children but do not want to miss this unique trip. Nowadays, the 2-Day Inca Trail hike is one of the famous roads that leads to one of the wonders of the world, “MACHU PICCHU”.
Machu Picchu is the Inca city recognized by UNESCO as a cultural and natural heritage of mankind, therefore, counts several accesses that lead to the Visitors and Inca Trail Trek 2 days is one of them.
Come with us to explore this great path of the ancient settlers of this beautiful, fertile and enigmatic land.
Map of the 2-Day Inca Trail Trek
Summary of the 2-Day Inca Trail hike
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 104 – Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
- 04:00 am. pick up from the hotel in Cusco
- 06:10 am. train departure
- 07:20 am. train arrival to km 104
- 08:00 am. hiking start
- 10:30 am. arrival to Wiñayhuayna archaeological site and lunchtime
- 1:00 pm. arrival to sun gate (Inti Punku)
- 2:30 pm. arrival to Machu Picchu
- 3:00 pm. Take the bus to Aguas Calientes town
- 4:00 pm. arrival to Hotel and check-in
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
SECOND DAY: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 05:00 am. pick up from hotel
- 05:30 am. first bus departure to Machu Picchu
- 06:30 am. Machu Picchu tour start for 2 hours
- 14:00 hours. time to take the bus to Aguas Calientes town
- 16:12 hours. time to take the train to Ollantaytambo
- 17:50 hours. arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 20:00 hours. arrival to Cusco – Hotel
Detailed Itinerary of the 2-Day Inca Trail trek.
FIRST DAY: Cusco – Km 104 – Inca Footpath Trek – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
04:00 am. Your private tour guide will pick you up from your hotel and he will be driving you in our touristic van to Ollantaytambo Train Station.
You will travel by train to km 104. From here, you will begin your long-awaited hike along the original 2-Day Inca trail.
Your tour today will take you through the most impressive stretch of the original Inca Trail. You will walk among the beautiful flora and fauna of the high jungle visiting wonderful Inca sites and enjoying the fantastic panorama of the Andes.
On the way, you will visit the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna which is one of the beautiful Inca cities where you will have enough time to explore and eat your sandwich. Then, you will continue following a path full of stone steps to Inti Punku which is the highest point of the route. From here you can see one of the most important cities of the Inca Empire “Machu Picchu”. In this city, you will be lucky to appreciate the beautiful sunset and later you will take the bus to the city of Aguas Calientes.
Maximum Altitude Inti Punku (sun gate): 2720 meters / 8924 ft
Minimum Altitude: 2150 meters / 7052 feet
Hiking Length: approximately 10.5 km / 6.7 miles
Trekking time: 6 – 7 hours
- Lunchbox & Dinner
- 1 Night in Aguas Calientes in a 2-star hotel
SECOND DAY: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
After breakfast, you will take the bus to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, where you will have a guided tour for about 2 hours, visiting the most interesting places in this great city, such as temples, Palaces, square, sacred fountains, agricultural sector, etc. After 2 hours, you will have free time to explore on your own and to take many photographs.
Later, at the indicated time. you will go down to Aguas Calientes town, lunch (optional) and finally, you will go to the train station to return to the city of Ollantaytambo, where your private bus will be waiting for you to take you to Cusco – Hotel.
- Aguas Calientes: 2050masl / 6.7 feet
- Highest Altitude: 2450 masl / 8 feet
- Walking Distance: 1.6 km / 1 miles
- Overall Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Meal: breakfast
- Ticket to Machu Picchu
End of our services
What’s included in the 2-Day Inca Trail Hike.
- Private touristic van: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo – km 104
- return train ticket from Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo
- Professional Guide: English or Spanish; 2 guides for groups larger than 9 people
- Food: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch box, 1 dinner, snack
- Entrance ticket to Inca Trail & Machu Picchu
- 1 Accommodation in Aguas Calientes 2-star hotel
What is not included?
- Breakfast first day, lunch last day
- Personal porter for backpack transportation (8 kilos per person)
- Entrance tickets to Huaynapicchu and Machupicchu mountain
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Transfer in and out
- Tips (optional)
Private price of the 2-Day Inca TrailTrek Tour
2020 Through January 31, 2021
The 2-Day Inca trail hike is only done in private service (small groups), and prices vary according to the number of people who book together.
Important. To make the direct payment through our web system, click on Booking, a new window will open, fill in the blanks. Our system offers you 2 payment methods, Pay-me and PayPal. Through both options, you can make the payment with credit or debit cards (Visa / Niubiz, Master Card, Diner Club, and American Express).
Our prices are net, does not include international transaction fee and for Peruvians does not include IGV.
Your group size
Price per person
$ 30.00 USD OFF.
- For college students under 25 years old, they must present a PVC material made card and must contain the following: University name, student name, and photo. The effective date must be valid at the time of the hike.
- Also, for children from 8 to 17 years.
- Special discounts for children under 7
If you want to spend the night in another category of hotel, just ask us.
This is only if you prefer these services, you may add.
- $ 75.00 USD per person. For a round trip on the Vistadome train.
- $ 70 USD per person. To climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountains.
- If you want to spend the night in another category of the hotel, such as 3, 4, 5 stars, also if you want a single room, ask about our confidential prices.
The hotels’ prices are based on the Twin or Marital room.
- Before booking the 2-Day Inca Trail hike Tour to Machu Picchu, ask us about availability for the date you want. In general, reservations must be made at least one month in advance, depending on the season
- Be in Cusco at least 1 day before the tour.
- Drink coca leaf infusion in Cusco to avoid altitude sickness.
Packing list for your backpack
- Toilet paper
- Plastic bags (to protect cameras and throw garbage)
- Purifying water tablets
- Waterproof jacket
- walking stick
- Long trousers
- Rain poncho
- Sneakers or Sandals to rest the feet in the Hotel
- A cap or hat
- Personal medicines